Thursday, October 15, 2009

Inertia: the last Black Lantern

Nekron was beaten and some guys were brought back to life because of it. Not me. I'm Thaddeus Thawne, most call me Inertia. I died a while back, and I'm now a ghost. I've been playing the conscience to my desecrated Black Lantern corpse.

That's became harder, and harder even more so after Nekron was defeated, and Vella gave it some of her power. If she had just let it die, we could save brought me back any number of ways... but no.

Well it's not her fault, you see I found one of the few people that can see me, well Vincent could when he was dying in some alternate dimension but not normally, and Wolverine , and the Hulk can but neither are much up for conversation, magic users can bit they either try to exorcise me, use me, or talk about a bunch of hippy mumbo jumbo.

But X-23 or Laura well she actually talked to me I guess because we're booth clones, and were both used as weapons by our creators. Funny once Vince had set us up on a blind date last year, and she didn't like me too much.

But now she's seems to have forgotten that. Bad thing about not having a body though... seeing things like this.

And not being able to touch her kind of sucks. I was sort of haunting by the new Legacy Building, and Laura was there talking to Vella about something, and probably drooling over Bat chick well unless she's teasing me about that... any way I decided to see if I could move stuff and was trying to spill a cup of cold soda in Iron Lad.

he was blah blah blahing with a read headed chick from his reality. ' So you're not called Tony here?"

“No the name Tony Stark has been pretty soiled by this realities version of me. " He shrugs.

“Well it looks like you've made some friends here." She grins.

" Not too sure of that I don't think they like me too much I used to date a a cyborg enemy of theirs, and have had run ins with Batgirl."

“They let you live here, and hang out with them, and Tony really a Cyborg? Gross."

At that moment a thundering sound shatters the silence, and my rotting corpse
slaps Anthony around while the girl... I think her name is Pepper grabs Spoiler's kid, and takes her to a safe room.

The rest of the team try to confront this freak, but like me when I was alive he's fast, well he is me. He takes down Spoiler and Batgirl by knocking the air out of their lungs.

Supergirl gets in on it Slowing him down with her Ice breathe, and grabbing on to him. “I’m going to end you now you zombie freak!"

" Ya ain't doin' nothin' superbabe!" he yells back... do I actually sound like that? “But givin' yer heart to me!" Truthfully is that how I talk? Ugh. He takes out a green rock from from out of his compartment on his belt.

" Ugh Krytonite! You speedy undead son of a ...!"

" Uh uh ya don't want Supes hearin' ya talk that!" He pretends to chuckle but I know this thing has few emotions, just hunger. Vince knocked it off Karla? No Kara.

It vibrated through the wall, and the rest of Legacy thought it was gone but it was building up it's speed by running around the planet building up mass the closer it got to light speed, until it came back and Punched Vince in the face with near infinite Mass.

The half saiyan flew through the ceiling and and he landed miles away from here, I've seen the kid recover pretty quick before But he's out of the fight for the time being. Vella caught my darker half in a green bubble.

“Thad stop it we'll help you!" Vel pleads.

“LIKE YA WAS GONNA DO WITH WIT' THE DRAGON BALLS? YEAH THAT TURNED OUT WELL I'M GONNA EAT YA ALL."


He vibrated out of the Bubble, and was going to vibrate his hand through Vella's semi invulnerble chest Before Laura jumped in from no where, and grabbed her heart, instead of Vella's.

“I don't have many freinds bub." She gasps. " ya ain't killin' the ones I do have."

" I'll take your heart, and hers, Miss Logan Junior. " The zombie brags I don't know know why I did it, I'm not sure what I was thinking I was going to do but I slammed my hand into the zombie, and this weird thing happened.

Lightining hit us both, and I could feel it. It burned, and coursed through my being. It was then I realized I can feel, my breathing was coming hard I can breathe! The zombie was screaming "No! He's stealing my power! Help Me!"

I could feel the Speed Force connecting itself to every fiber of my self. It was painful but exhilarating at the same time. Next thing I know I'm thrown away from the Zombie, and into the heart of the Speed Force itself.

“I can barley hear my voice saying. " He took it all he sprokin' took my powers."

I wake up sopre in the grass somewhere and I hunger...for pizza. Sausage, and pepperoni with green peppers. Well I'm obviously not a zombie, and I'm not dead anymore either my body aches too much.


I open my eyes to see a blue saiyan haired furry Aaah!


“Hey pal that lightning struck here you alright?" it asks.

" Fine. " I answer. “Can you tell which direction West City is?"

The Blue thing looks confused " I've never heard of it any way I'm Sonic what's your name?"

I laugh. "Sonic huh if that's an indication of speed then compared to me your a slow poke."

He growls. “I’m the fastest thing alive!"

“Not faster than Inertia weirdo." I grin “Let’s race!" I pretend I can't keep up with him, then I pour on the speed, and smoke the Hedgehog About half a world away I vibrate to my Universe's frequency, and look around.

Looks like I'm in Gotham. I run around until I find someone I know. I did find a Robin but I don't think it's the same one I knew He cursed me out, and yelled something about how I'm not good enough for his city.

Weird he sounded like that Damian kid but older. I race around until I find Cass talking to some pudy dude who's wearing a badge, looks like a detective or something.


" Jim the baby's not yours." Cass stutters. Wait what? How long was I out?

" Oh don't tell me it's that saiyan's" he shouts. “You’re going back to him aren't you?"

" Uh hello not to break up this Soap Opera moment but what the Sprock are you too talking about?"

" Thawne!" Cass shouts.

"Reverse Flash!" The cop shouts before pulling a gun on me. " We don't need your kind of justice, in Gotham! Your saiyan buddy's either!"

He shoots I side step the flying lead, and grab Bats. I run up to the top of a building. " Okay Batgirl I'm a bit out of the loop what the Grife is wrong here! You're having Vince's kid? Reverse Flash?"

"I should have there was something wrong with you." She looks me over. " You're wearing the Inertia costume, and called me Batgirl, It's Batwoman now."

“Oh great I'm in your future." I groan. stupid Sprockng Speed Force."

“Yeah it blows doesn't it?" A deep voice from behind me laughs.

“Don’t worry Thad I'll lend you some of my speed get you back to where the zombie you is attacking."


“Okay, how do you Frakking know that?" I ask.

“I’m you genius!" He smirks taking off his mask. " I lived through it!" he touches my shoulder, and next thing I know I'm back at Legacy HQ.


And I'm face to face with myself again, but this time I'm rotting and disgusting. " Ya stole my power You Son of a ..."

“Hey I'm a son of a test tube pal and she was a saint!" I joke “Seem a bit slow there don't you? I guess I have all you speed juice huh? I have the soul it’s my speed power!"

“I’m Thaddeus Thawne! I'm Inertia!" he declares.

I look around all my teammates are read for action again, But are confused at what they're seeing. I chuckle at the zombie " You're nothing but an empty shell now now you powerless, and well there's no need for two Thads, Especially since I'm the good looking one.”

He tries to fire his ring energy at me. “Not going to work smelly Nekron's gone." I grin before vibrating my hand into his chest hey poetic justice but I don't take out the heart Instead I vibrate him until he explodes. all that's left is his black ring which I also destroy.

Vincent gets in my face “Who are you now?"

"I'm Your buddy want me to prove it? One time I had to drag you away from Trunks' ex girlfriend's house because you got your saiyan ass drunk and sang outside her window in nothing but your boxers that you loved her. Oh yeah, and you were doing some disturbing dance that looked like the Hokey Pokey. "

His face goes red, and he squeaks out "it's him." Iron Lad comes out of some room, in a new armor. "Wait'll I get my hands on Inertia!" he announces.


" Aw I didn't know you cared Stark! I'm so flattered!" I quip.

he stares at me " You were resurrected weren't you?"

“Yep" I smile.

“Oh joy." he shakes his head and walks off.

" You know Anthony I'm not too fond of men putting their hands on me... but we can call Hulkling over..."

" Bite me Inertia!" he answers.

" How did you come back speedy?" Steph asks.

"Sproked if I know the Speed Force doesn't make a lick of sense look how Bart , and Grandpa Barry came back."

We had a party Supergirl warned me about betraying her new friends, I told her they're my friends too and she seemed to be okay with me, I finally ate some pizza man I missed it.
after it was over Vella smiles at me and we go out side to talk in private.. “I like the way you talk now less weird." She laughs. “So glad you back it'a like an early birthday present."

“Oh yeah, you and Vince turn eighteen next week don’t you want me to give you an early present?" I wink.

“Thad I do like you... but as a friend. Although you are cute I'm afraid if we dated we'd break up, and hate each other. I don't want to hate you, or for you to hate me either."


I think for a second " Ever hear of friends with benefits?" I query.

“Huh? No what's that?" She gives me a wide eyed look.

“Never mind, heh I should have known there's a saiyan prince in the 31st century who's the spitting image of Jason Todd. Guess he's your great great grandson or something."

“Really?" she smiled then looked confused for a second then wandered off lost in thought. I wonder if I reavealed a little too muh about the future again? While I'm wondering that I'm grabbed roughly. By Laura?

She sniffs me, then cuts my shirt open with her claws. she gets this evil little smile. " Her loss is my gain darlin'." She grabs me by the hair, and frenches me. " Gotta lil' shock there, like static electricity. We cloned weapons gotta stick together."

“We’re not weapons." I answer. “We’re people with our own choices." She laughs.

“Call me darlin’." She bites my neck then winks at me before vanishing in the shadows. Well looks like if I play my cards right I'll get a very nice welcome back soon enough.

No comments: